TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GVM Upgrades
Federal and State Compliance
LC79 Cab Chassis 5 Star ANCAP Model
The solution for owners/managers of Toyota Landcruiser 79 Series Single Cab 1/17 on build date – LC79 Cab Chassis vehicles (Single Cab) who have a need to carry loads to a GVM of 4200kg (up from 3400kg standard GVM).
At the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of Work Safety, Police Licensing, Insurance, Lessors and Fleet Managers.
WHY DO VEHICLES REQUIRE G.V.M (Gross Vehicle Mass) UPGRADES?
- Need to protect Business, Managers from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence.
- Possibility of Insurance companies to void payout if the vehicle is loaded beyond approved GVM.
- Possibility of litigation under common law if is vehicle operated beyond its legal Load Limits.
- Requirements to load vehicle and operate safely with weight beyond current Original Equipment limits for heavy and/or remote work.
USING LOVELLS’ SPRINGS GVM UPGRADE KIT, (APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT of INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORT, REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT and LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Compliance Plate Approval No. 25742) HELPS AVOID THESE PROBLEMS.
WHAT AMOUNT OF INCREASE SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
Officially sanctioned GVM Kit provides:
- GVM to 4200kg
- GVM increase of 800kg
WHAT COMPONENTS COME IN THE GVM UPGRADE KIT?
Kit includes the following:
- 2 x Lovells Heavy Duty Front Coil Springs
- 2 x Lovells Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs
- 2 x Lovells Front Gas Legend Twin tube, Long Travel Gas Shock Absorbers
- 2 x Lovells Rear Gas Legend Twin tube, Long Travel Gas Shock Absorbers
- 1 x Lovells Adjustable Front Caster Urethane Bush Kit
- 3 x Lovells Urethane bush kits to suit leaf spring eyes and shackles.
- 4 x Lovells Hi-Tensile U-Bolts
- 2 x Lovells Greasable Shackles
- 2 x Lovells Greasable Pins
- 1 x Hand Brake Cable Extension Bracket
- 1 x Federal Compliance plate with revised GVM (Pre-Registration Vehicles)
- 1 x State Compliance GVM Upgrade Modification Plate (Registered Vehicles)
- 1 x Re-Tension U-Bolts Warning Decal
- 1 x Tyre Loading Placard (Decal) with revised axle capacities
- 2 x Lovells Rear Mudflaps
- 1 x GVM Upgrade Owners Manual
- 1 x Fitting Instruction Manual
WHO CAN FIT LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE KITS?
Because the Kit is approved on the basis of Lovells Springs being a Second Stage Manufacturer, and the responsibility ultimately lying with Lovells, only Lovells Springs Authorised Fitters (Production Facilities) are approved to fit this Kit. All GVM Upgrade Kit’s are supplied with detailed fitting instructions and appropriate documentation. Power Curve Performance is an approved Lovells second stage manufacturer.
WHO WOULD REQUIRE A GVM UPGRADE FOR THEIR VEHICLE?
This kit will suit any vehicle owner/operator who has a need to carry loads approaching 1800 kg. This includes Government Departments, Mining Companies, Farmers, Tradesmen, large and small businesses, even individuals loading their vehicles for travelling.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ENSURE YOU ARE COMPLYING WITH THE APPROVAL?
There is a specific GVM Upgrade Kit Order Form (Federal Compliance Order Form and State Compliance Order Form) for each vehicle variant that must be filled out by the specified Lovells Authorised Fitter or End User per vehicle to be modified. On completion of the Kit being fitted by the Lovells Authorised Fitter, a Federal or State Compliance Check List must be filled out and retained by the Fitter and Lovells for future reference. Procedures such as these ensure requirements of Lovells being a second stage manufacturer are being fulfilled.
WHEN SHOULD A TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GVM UPGRADE KIT BE FITTED?
FEDERAL COMPLIANCE: New vehicles must be fitted prior to registration. They are simply then registered with a revised GVM as per the new compliance plate.
Vehicles which are already registered cannot be fitted with a kit under this Federal Approval.
STATE COMPLIANCE: GVM Upgrades can be fitted to already registered vehicles in NSW, ACT, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory and Western Australia only, and after modification, will have to be inspected by a Lovells nominated State Engineering Signatory. Extra Cost for Inspection and documents will be incurred.
IS THE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT WARRANTY AFFECTED WHEN FITTING A LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE?
Vehicle warranty is not affected when a GVM Upgrade is fitted. Our testing and analysis procedures are stringent and undertaken by an accredited Automotive Engineering Consultant to ensure original equipment components are not compromised. Modifications and load limits are within theoretical service/safety factors to ensure the integrity and longevity of Original Equipment parts associated with increasing the vehicles load carrying capabilities. As Lovells are a Second Stage Manufacturer, it is our responsibility to document these tests and thus take responsibility for the GVM upgrade compliance.
Therefore, should an original equipment component fail and be directly attributed/caused by the vehicle carrying loads to a maximum GVM of the revised figure or part failure associated with the GVM Upgrade modification, Lovells will cover warranty of the component after written proof and testing by an independent body has been lodged.