LOVELLS BRAKED TOWING CAPACITY UPGRADE SUITABLE FOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 11/07 ON STAGE 1 PRE REGISTRATION
PLEASE READ: This kit is intended only for Pre Registration Vehicles only – your vehicle must not have been previously registered in any Australian State.
NOTE: all GVM/BTC kits must be fitted by Power Curve Performance.
The solution for owners/managers of Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Wagon vehicles who have a need to tow to 4000kg (up from 3500kg standard Braked Towing Capacity), while at the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of Work Safety, Police Licensing, Insurance, Lessors and Fleet Managers. This kit is complianced by Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government and comes complete with a secondary manufacturers compliance plate. (Australian Compliance ONLY).
Federal Compliance BTC Upgrades can only be fitted to vehicles prior to registration and to vehicles fitted with a Lovells 3800kg GVM Upgrade.
BTC Upgrade Compliance Plate Approval Numbers:
- 40257-1190937- LC200 Diesel- 7 & 8 Seater (GXL, VX & Sahara)
- 40257-1190936- LC200 Petrol- 7 & 8 Seater (GXL, VX & Sahara)
- 46734-1191613- LC200 Diesel- 5 Seater (GX)
Lovells Toyota Landcruiser LC200 GVM Upgrade kits have been tested and approved for Full Volume Second Stage Manufacture to comply with ADR35/05 ESC (Electronic Stability Control) Sine with Dwell verification.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BTC UPGRADES
Stage 1 Kit- Recommended for towing 3500kg-3700kg Apparatus.
- Kit includes height adjustable fabricated tongue and swivel hitch system. This kit is however still rated at 4000kg braked towing capacity (Ball weight must not exceed 350kg)
- Not compatible with most weight distribution systems.
Stage 2 Kit- Recommended for towing 3500kg-4000kg Apparatus.
- Kit includes a Lovells 1200lb Weight Distribution Hitch system (WDH) with 95mm height adjustment (Ball weight must not exceed 400kg)
- Please note that the Lovells BTC Upgrade can only be complied if a Lovells GVM Upgrade is fitted to the vehicle.
- Lovells BTC Upgrade tongue/hitch receiver/drop shank can only be attached to the Toyota OE Towbar and is not compliant for aftermarket tow bars.
GVM AND BTC EXPLAINED
Note that The GCM (Gross Combined Mass) doesn”t form part of a Lovells GVM or BTC Upgrade or noted in our DIT Approval for Second Stage of Manufacture. It is basically governed by the new GVM of the vehicle and the maximum braked towing capacity (BTC).
The Original Equipment maximum braked towing capacity for example on the LC200 is 3500kg. This doesn’t increase nor decrease when our GVM Upgrade is fitted, it remains at 3500kg. The new vehicle GVM becomes 3800kg (LC200) as noted in Lovells SSM (Second Stage of Manufacture for GVM Upgrade).
The factor that comes into play is the ball weight of the towed apparatus. Whatever the ball weight is, must be subtracted from the vehicles GVM. Therefore, the vehicle can still tow up to OE 3500kg. If the ball weight is 200kg, the vehicle’s maximum GVM (with a Lovells GVM Upgrade kit fitted) will now be 3600kg for the LC200.
GCM is not noted or listed as part of our Approval. Whereas, when a Lovells BTC Upgrade is fitted, the vehicle can then tow up to 4000kg. Yet, if the ball weight remains at 200kg, the vehicle’s maximum GVM (with a Lovells GVM Upgrade kit fitted) will still be 3600kg for the LC200).
NOTE: Lovells BTC Upgrades can be supplied under State Compliance (for already registered vehicles) and the vehicle individually engineered for the State of registration. Includes State engineering certificate or certification plate.
WHY DO VEHICLES REQUIRE BTC (Braked Towing Capacity) UPGRADES?
- Need to protect Business, Managers from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence.
- Possibility of Insurance companies to void payout if the vehicle is towing beyond approved Braked Towing Capacity.
- Possibility of litigation under common law if is vehicle operated beyond its legal Towing Limits.
USING LOVELLS SPRINGS BTC UPGRADE KIT, (APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT of INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORT, REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT and LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Compliance Plate Approval No. 40257) HELPS AVOID THESE PROBLEMS.
WHAT AMOUNT OF INCREASE SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
Officially sanctioned BTC Kit provides:
- BTC to 4000kg
- Capacity increase of 500kg
Image is for sample only actual content may vary(see parts lift for actual content)
Kit Part List
1 x Heavy Duty Fabricated Height Adjustable Hitch (Rated To 4t)
1 x Heavy Duty Premium Auto Coupler Hitch (Rated To 5t)
1 x Federal Compliance Plate For Btc Upgrade
1 x Owners Manual (Btc Upgrade Modified Vehicle – For Glove Compartment)
1 x Btc Upgrade Fitting Instructions
3 x Decals