2015 79 Series, awesome vehicles and completely transformed driveability with some quality components, Legendex thrust monkey and 3″ stainless exhaust system, Direction Plus fuel filter and Provent 200 catch can, and PowerCurve ECU tune, completely different car to drive with 100% improvement in power and torque at 2000rpm!!!
Local to the Sunshine Coast, the above 2015 79 Series Landcruiser presented to us for some reliable upgrades.
Best care has been taken of the 79 Series over the past few years. The owner plans on keeping the Landcruiser for some time to come. Having done his research and speaking to others who have Power Curve Performance care for their vehicles the owner knew what was required in the likes of a tune.
Catch Can & Additional Fuel Filter
Modern diesel engines are equipped with advanced high pressure electronically controlled injection systems which can be easily damaged and the biggest enemy of this equipment is poor quality fuel, or more frequently contaminated fuel.
Whether it be water, microbial growth (bugs) or particle matter that gets into jerry cans or service stations in remote places the cost of repairing damage caused by contamination in your fuel can be huge. A Common rail diesel engine rebuild alone can cost over $15,000. So prevention is better than cure. Hence Power Curve Performance recommend and install additional filtration systems.
Intake blockage is a common diesel conversation in most forums or campfire diesel banter. The combination of oil and soot produced mixes together creating the blockage in the intake. An intake clean is recommended and a catch can installation to prevent future engine failure. Blocked intake can also lead to lack of performance with the engine being restricted.
Legendex the QLD based company and home to premium 4×4 exhaust performance is the king of the installed Power Curve Performance systems.
HERE’S WHY …
• 409 grade stainless mandrel-bent tube sourced from the same mill that supplies Toyota
• The strongest heavy-duty brackets & hangers built to cradle the pipe & to absorb vibration
• 12mm thick turbo flange, low profile 2-bolt connector flanges for maximum clearances
• 800 degree thermal coating on the tube
• Ceramic coated hand-crafted dump pipes
• 30% thicker dump pipes than other dumps
• Heavy-duty diesel cats with high-flow 200 cell stainless cores (not ceramic) & heat shield
• Heavy-duty stainless mufflers with stainless-wool wrapped internals never need re-packing
2015 79 Series ECU Tune
Custom to the engine, driver, vehicle and environment. This vehicle has an increase of 100% in torque and power at 2000rpm. 100% power gains in the driveable range the 2015 79 Series Land Cruiser owner drives. The on-road difference the tune, exhaust and safety perimeters will gain for the customer and second to none.
The Legendex Thrust monkey throttle controller will give the 2015 79 Series Landcruiser drivers wish for towing, every day driving and overlanding. The perfect package for the every day drive vehicle.
Power Curve Recommendations 2015 79 Series
Superior Remote Reservoir 2 Inch Lift Kit Toyota Landcruiser 78/79 Series V8
This 2″ kit is made up of top quality parts and Superior Engineering Shocks.
The kit includes:
- 2 x Front Coil Springs
- 2 x Rear Springs
- 2 x Front Superior Engineering Remote Reservoir Adjustable shocks
- 2 x Rear Superior Engineering Remote Reservoir Adjustable shocks
- 2 x Rear greaseable shackles
- 2 x Rear greaseable pins
- 4 x U-bolts
- 12 x Poly bushes
- 1 x Superior Engineering Damper
$2,970.00 + installation – These kits are available to purchase and install in-house with the Power Curve Performance team.
(price as of nov 2017)
Book your Custom 2015 79 Series upgrades today