Travelling, off road, up the beach or to the shops. If you are taking steps to tune and service your 4×4 correctly Diesel Engine Protection Kits are a must. If you have heard of a catch can or pre or secondary filter this is what we are talking about. Here is a little more information on the products we supply and install. If you would like to install yourself give our team a call and we will have a kit for you to DIY at your leisure.
* Please beware of online copies. We are all guilty of checking online for a better price or similar product, alot of the time it can serve us well. Please beware of these products online. We have had a lot of customers purchase the very good Chinese copies online that are marketed as provent. The problem is they do not fit well and hoses etc are the wrong grade and have incorrect fittings. If you are looking at diesel engine protection kits save yourself purchasing twice as the copies are more trouble than they have been worth.
PROTECT YOUR DIESEL ENGINE AGAINST COSTLY OIL & SOOT CONTAMINATION
Direction Plus ProVent oil separator kits protect your modern diesel engine by substantially reducing the amount of oil entering the engine from blow-by gas in the crankcase ventilation system.
By not fitting a Diesel Engine Protection Kit, it is likely that your engine will experience a progressive reduction in performance. Direction Plus ProVent systems, are specifically designed to separate and redirect oil and air from blow-by gas produced from within the crank case. They also provide the option of returning the oil back to the sump.
For the ultimate defence against oil and soot contamination, investing in a Direction Plus ProVent oil separator kit will protect your investment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
BENEFITS OF FITTING A PROVENT OIL SEPARATOR KIT:
- Prevents oil and soot contamination entering the clean air intake
- Excellent protection for turbocharger
- Minimises oil consumption*
- Prevents oil buildup in intercoolers
- Regulates crankcase pressure
- Keeps critical engine components clean
- Reduces exhaust smoke and odours
- Saves you money
*Only in installations where the oil is returned to the sump
SAFEGUARD YOUR DIESEL ENGINE AGAINST WATER AND PARTICLE CONTAMINATION
It’s easy to think that fuel contamination is something that happens “in the bush” but this is simply not true! Did you know that 72% of all diesel fuel injection system failures are caused by water and fuel lubricity problems? Direction Plus™ Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter Kits protect late model common rail diesel engines against costly injector failure.
Installing a Direction Plus™ Pre-Fuel Filter kit between the fuel tank and the O.E.M fuel filter will remove the majority of water and particle contamination.This leaves the O.E.M fuel filter to do the final and finer filtration. This ensures you are maximising the protection of your diesel fuel system.
For the ultimate front line defence against water and particle contamination, investing in a DirectionPlus™ Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter Kit will protect your investment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
BENEFITS OF FITTING A DIESEL PRE-FILTER KIT:
- Reduce wear & tear and avoid repair costs that can exceed $10,000
- 95% water separation and superior particle removal
- Ability to separate emulsified water from ULSD
- Clear water drainage bowl to easily identify removed water
- Keeps critical engine components clean
- No filter bypass – contaminated fuel will not be sent to the fuel system even when the filter is blocked
Why are pre-filter kits so important to common rail diesel fuel injection systems?
Designed specifically to cope with our extreme weather conditions and poor fuel quality, they are the perfect choice for drivers in Australia and New Zealand.
From the humidity of Northern Queensland to the dry cool climate of South Australia and all the way down to frosty Invercargill in New Zealand, the Direction Plus Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter kit will remove water and other contaminants from our Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD).
ULSD is more susceptible to water emulsification, that is water molecules suspended in diesel which is harder to remove than in traditional diesel fuel. This is why old technology like sedimenters work relatively well removing whole water, but struggle with emulsified water, the contaminant you can’t see.
Purchase and DIY or have our qualified mechanical team install in house